These breaded strips of golden crispy goodness are loved by kids and kids at heart. Air fryer chicken strips are easy to prepare and perfect for those busy weeknights when you need something delicious, nutritious, and fast.
Serves: 3-4 Time: 14 minutes Cookbook: Tyson Online
We can picture it now. You’re running home, trying to beat the traffic, just to let the dog out to do his business before you turn around and drive right back into rush hour traffic with four kids in the car. There’s ballet drop-off, soccer practice, football for one kid, and math tutoring for another. Once you drop off the last child at tutoring, you go the rounds picking everyone up. Then you go home and warm up dinner. Oh wait, you haven’t had time to even think about dinner let alone make any.
What do you do?? Pull out those trusty frozen chicken strips and plunk them in the air fryer. In minutes you’ll have chicken salad for the adults, chicken wraps for the older kids, and chicken strips with dipping sauce for the kids that don’t want anything else. This is not the night to fight over dinner.
Chicken strips are the stuff legends are made out of and air frying is the best way to get dinner on the table in less time than cooking with a traditional oven. Needless to say, we’re fans.
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- 🍗 Ingredients Needed for Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- 🍴 Equipment You’ll Need in the Kitchen
- 🥄 How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- ♾️ How to Serve Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- ❓ Air Fryer Chicken Strips Tips, Tricks, and FAQs
- 🍗 More Chicken Recipes
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Easy: There are few things easier than taking out pre-breaded, pre-cooked, frozen crispy chicken strips and tossing them in the air fryer to heat up, sizzling and crispy. Just a few minutes and you’ll have perfectly breaded chicken for dipping, wraps, salads, and any other dish that would benefit from some crispy chicken goodness.
Kid-Friendly: What kid, young or old, doesn’t like crispy fried chicken nuggets or strips? Serve them with your (or their) favorite dipping sauce and you’ll have an easy dinner the entire family enjoys.
Scalable: Whether you’re making these for the main course, cutting them down for apps, or serving them on top of a salad or in a wrap, they’re infinitely scalable. Simply pull out however many portions you need to feed those you love.
Versatile: Air fryer chicken strips can be used in a wide variety of dishes. Eat them on their own, place them in wraps or tacos, or use them as toppings for salads for a complete meal. They’re super versatile and they deserve a place on your meal plan.
Ingredients Needed for Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- 1 Bag of Frozen Tyson Chicken Strips (Or your favorite brand): This is the only required ingredient. Purchase frozen, pre-cooked, breaded chicken strips for this and you’ll be ready with dinner in no time. On a budget? We found that grocery store branded chicken strips are just as good as Tyson’s.
- Dipping Sauce: We love BBQ or ranch for these.
- Lettuce and Salad Toppings: Gather your favorite salad fixings, here. There are no wrong answers.
- Tortillas and Wrap Fixings: Collect all of your favorite wrap or taco fixings to make your chicken tenders into a dinner wrap or crispy taco.
Equipment Needed In the Kitchen
- Air Fryer: We love our Ninja Foodi Air Fryer. It air fry in no time, and it can also bake, broil, and dehydrate. On top of that, the inserts are all dishwasher safe, making it a win-win for this home chef. There are also tons of easy air fryer recipes so this won’t be a gadget that just sits on your counter – it will actually get used!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Strips
This might be the easiest “recipe” you ever make. Ready for the steps? 3, 2, 1, go!
Preheat: Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
Layer: Add frozen chicken strips to the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry: Consult your air fryer manual for timing since each air fryer cooks differently. If you’re using the Ninja air fryer, set your timer for 11-12 minutes of cook time.
Voila! You now have dinner ready to go. Pat yourself on the back, give yourself a hearty congratulations and sit down with those hot, tender, delicious chicken strips.
Note: This recipe is for frozen chicken tenders that are pre-cooked. If you’re air frying raw chicken tenders, then you’ll need to check the internal temperature to be sure of doneness. Chicken should be 165 degrees F. Always check the temperature with a meat thermometer or an instant-read thermometer.
Want a healthier option?
Tyson chicken breast tenderloins, and many different brands, come in several options including 1. pre-cooked, breaded, 2. pre-cooked, unbreaded, 3. uncooked, pre-breaded, 4. uncooked, unbreaded, 5. baked, and 6. air fried. Baked skinless chicken breasts will be your healthiest option. If you check the nutritional information, pre-cooked, air-fried chicken breast strips will be your next best option.
How to Serve Air Fryer Chicken Strips
Chicken strips are so versatile that they can be served in endless ways. Here are a few of our favorite ways to enjoy these golden brown, crispy strips of goodness.
With a Favorite Dipping Sauce: Skip the meal prep and serve chicken fingers as-is with dipping sauce. This is a great option for kids and kids at heart. Let’s be honest, we all love a good chicken tender with nothing but BBQ or ranch to dip it in.
As a Salad Topping: The adults are the ones who will like this combination. Create a salad, then you’ll have a bed of green for your happy, golden strips. Top with a little dressing and you’ve got a match made in heaven. This is a great way to get veggies in and enjoy your chicken with that fantastic crispy coating, too.
In a Wrap or Taco: Wraps and tacos are a perfect on-the-go easy meal. Take a tortilla, add chicken strips, put shredded cheese, lettuce, and any other fixing you want inside and you’ve got yourself some good eating.
Air Fryer Chicken Strips Tips, Tricks, and FAQs
If you want to u0022air fryu0022 them, you’ll need an air fryer or a convection oven (since they’re the same thing). You can also cook them in a regular oven if you don’t have a convection oven.
We love ranch, BBQ sauce, and honey mustard with these!
Since these chicken strips are already cooked, you’re just looking to warm them through. Follow the instructions, but reduce cooking time to 3-5 minutes and check.
Technically speaking, there is no such thing. Rather, this is a way of saying these are strips of white meat chicken.
Extra tenders can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
More Chicken Recipes
Want even more chicken recipes? Check out these!
- Spicy Mediterranean Chicken: A Middle Eastern chicken recipe served family-style.
- Chicken Black Bean Burritos: Copycat Chipotle black bean burritos so good you’ll think you ordered to go.
- Ree Drummond’s Teriyaki Chicken Sheet Pan: Dinner in under 30 minutes all in one pan. Need we say more?
- Mark Bittman’s Deconstructed Chicken Soup: Delish chicken soup with a twist.
- Daniel Leader’s Chicken Red Grape Sandwich: A refreshing sandwich perfect for lunch.
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Strips in Three Ways
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
These crispy brown strips of deliciousness might just be your new best friend when you need to put dinner on the table fast.
1 Bag of Frozen Chicken Strips
This is your only mandatory item. Collect any other items you personally want, such as salad fixings, wrap fixings, or dipping sauces.
Preheat: Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
Layer: Add frozen chicken strips to the fryer basket in an even layer.
Air fry: Set your timer for 11-12 minutes. When done, remove with tongs and add to your favorite dishes.
- Prep Time: 4
- Cook Time: 11
- Category: Everyday Cooking
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chicken Strips, Chicken, Tyson Chicken Strips, Crispy Chicken