Libby’s pumpkin roll is superbly delicious, packed with pumpkin spice and cream cheese frosting. It’s easy to make and creates a stunning dessert for any fall get-together.
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves or Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 cup Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Prep oven and ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now pull out the butter and cream cheese from the fridge so they are easier to mix later on.
Make the batter
- Take out a medium bowl and combine the dry ingredients. This includes the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl crack your eggs and add in the granulated sugar. Mix to combine then add in pumpkin puree and mix again. Finally, add the dry ingredients a bit at a time and mix until all your ingredients are combined and you have a batter.
Bake the pumpkin roll
- Take out a 15×10 jelly roll pan and grease it. Fit a piece of parchment paper into the jelly roll pan, then grease and lightly flour the paper.
- Take out a second long strip of parchment paper and sprinkle ¼ cup of powdered sugar on top. This can be set aside until after the baking is complete.
- Spread your batter into the pan as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. If the cake springs back when it’s touched, it’s done.
- Once the cake has baked, turn it out onto your prepared parchment paper so the bottom faces up. Roll the cake and parchment together, and cool your beautiful creation seam-side down on a wire rack.
- Note: If you have a dark pan, start checking at 11 minutes. Ours was perfectly done in 13 minutes.
Make the cream cheese filling
- While your cake cools, it’s time to make the frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla. Mix on medium to high until smooth.
Finish the pumpkin roll
- Once the pumpkin roll is completely cool, unroll the cake. The cake should have creases from its rolled state, and this is a good thing. It will help it reform once you ice the inside.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting over the entire inside surface and re-roll the cake. Wrap the entire log in plastic wrap so it can’t unfurl and place it in the fridge to cool
- Cool the pumpkin roll in the fridge for at least an hour before serving so everything can set up.
- Cut off end pieces, and serve in a log, or cut into 1-inch rounds.
- Prep Time: 95
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Baking & Pastry
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Libby's Pumpkin Roll, Pumpkin Roll, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll, Pumpkin Jelly Roll, Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese,