Air fryer mozzarella sticks are the perfect snack and they go from frozen to golden and gooey in just minutes.
1 package Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
8 ounces Marinara Sauce
Pre-heat the air fryer
- First things first: preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F. If you have a timer setting, set it for 5 minutes total cook time.
- Take those mozzarella sticks out of their packaging and look them over. Cracked or broken ones shouldn’t be placed in the air fryer. If you do, all of their contents will spill out, and that’s just sad.
Air fry the mozzarella sticks
- Once you have a preheated air fryer, place the mozzarella sticks in the air fryer basket in a single layer. You can fit in as many as will lay without overlapping. This allows the hot air from the unit to circulate during cooking time and gives you the best results.
- Let the air fryer get cooking for 1-2 minutes then flip those puppies over. Cook for the remainder of the time and voila! You have crispy mozzarella sticks in just five minutes of cook time.
- Let them sit for a minute to cool a tiny bit, then serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!
Note: Check on the sticks during the last minute or so of cooking time. Make it your goal to pull them out of the air fryer right as the cheese melts. If there’s a pinhole in any of the sticks, you’ll start to see the cheese ooze out just the tiniest bit. Pull it right then. See the picture above for an example of what that looks like.
If you have smaller than normal mozzarella sticks, start checking them at the 3-4 minute mark.
- Prep Time: 1
- Cook Time: 6
- Category: Snacks & Apps
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks, Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks, Mozzarella Sticks in the Air Fryer